One of my favorite flavor combinations ever is peanut butter and jelly. Since gluten is off limits for me, it is difficult to satiate my craving with a simple sandwich. So, I have resorted to eating pb&j straight from a giant spoon every now and again.
Okay, I do it a lot.
The inspiration for this parfait is obvious. Getting my peanut butter and jelly fix this way assures no odd looks from my husband, and it’s a bit less barbaric. Perhaps even fancy.
P B & J Parfait
makes 3 large parfaits
First (peanut) Layer:
- 8 small dates, de-pitted
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
Second (berry mousse) Layer:
- 1 package (349g) extra firm silken tofu
- 4 tbsp raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Fresh Blackberries, cut into smaller sections ( I used a 6 oz. package for all three parfaits- including the 1/2 cup of berries from second layer)
Fourth (peanut butter mousse) Layer:
- 1 package extra firm silken tofu
- 5 heaping tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts
Place all ingredients for first layer into a food processor and chop until crumbly. Don’t let the food processor go too long or you will have gooey peanut butter!
Divide and spoon into three glasses. Clean out food processor.
Place all ingredients for second layer into food processor and blend until very smooth.
Spoon into three glasses. Clean out food processor.
Evenly place blackberries on next layer of all three parfaits.
Place all ingredients into food processor and blend until very smooth.
Spoon on top of blackberries in all three glasses.
Top each parfait with crushed roasted peanuts and garnish with fresh berries.
You can keep these parfaits in the fridge for a while before serving. Best served cold.