Walnut Sage Fettuccine

Walnut Sage Fettuccine

This is a delicious pasta recipe that takes very little time to prepare. Walnuts and sage dominate the flavor of the creamy sauce, andĀ  walnut pieces provide some texture; turning a few simple ingredients into a hearty meal.

Walnut Sage Fettuccine

• 1 cup walnuts chopped finely, plus 1 cup coarsely crushed walnuts
  • 12 oz silken tofu, extra firm
  • 1 cube vegetable bouillon
  • 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling onto pasta
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
  • 1 package fettuccine noodles, gluten free or regular

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In food processor, combine 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, 12 oz silken tofu, 1 cube vegetable bouillon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/3 cup almond milk, sea salt, and sage leaves. Puree until smooth. Sauce will appear liquidy.

Drain pasta, (if using gluten-free pasta, rinse with cold water) and while still in colander, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss pasta with sauce and half of the amount of the larger crushed walnuts. Place into serving dishes and top with the remainingĀ  crushed walnuts.

Serve hot.

20 Responses to Walnut Sage Fettuccine

1. Another amazing dish! Can’t wait to make it!

2. Kiersten says:

That looks delicious! I haven’t had a creamy pasta sauce in ages. Most of the vegan recipes I’ve tried just didn’t cut it.

3. Xiaolu says:

Healthy and hearty sounding recipe (just how I like my food). Lovely photos, too.

4. Morgan says:

I love pasta! This looks so amazing!

5. Jennifer says:

SLURP! Fresh sage & walnuts in a creamy sauce = Perfection!!

6. Rose says:

The minute I saw the title, my eyes popped out of my head: this sounds wonderful, and looks so creamy and delicious.

7. mmm that looks so good! I’ve never tried using silken tofu in pasta sauces before.

8. Mihl says:

Looks like I know what to have for dinner today!

9. This looks great. And I bet the sauce would be good over rice or greens. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks!

10. Leinana says:

Yum! This looks so good!

11. Vegetalienne says:

I’m stoked to try this. I hadn’t thought of adding sage and walnuts to my fettuccini, but it’s a *great* idea.

I’d also like to add that it’s great to find a vegan cooking blog that’s useful for vegans living outside of the US; I’ve had some frustrations lately finding fun recipes, only to discover that certain crucial ingredients can’t be found in, say, France. Thanks!

I’m so glad you find this site helpful! Thank you so much for your comment… and I hope you enjoy the pasta sauce if you give it a try! :)

12. Now this recipe is a reason for me to grow some sage in my garden. I’ve been looking for an excuse! :)

13. Samantha says:

Your blog is so special to me. My boyfriend and I spend many date nights making your recipes. We loved the walnut sage pasta, and so did our moms. It was sooo easy to make, yet sooo yummy. Thank you so much for showing me, and my doubtful family, that I can feed myself.

Awe, Samantha, what a seriously a wonderful comment to receive! I am so glad you enjoy my work, and thank you so much for taking the time to let me know. :) I really appreciate your kind words… Thank you, dear!
      ~ Allyson

14. Faith says:

Thank you for the foccacia recipe. I really enjoyed it. You’re awesome!

15. RachelBethany says:

I’m going to make this for a dinner party tomorrow night and I’m wondering how far ahead I could make the sauce. If I have the chopped walnuts prepped and prepare the pasta immediately before serving do you think the sauce would be okay in the refrigerator for a few hours?

Hi RachelBethany,

Yeah, I think that should work out okay. You *may* need to add a tbsp or so of liquid right before heating and adding to the pasta, (sometimes this type of sauce has a tendency to thicken up when refrigerated- so a drop of non-dairy milk or water helps things along nicely)… just to make it creamy again, (and possibly a touch of salt depending on taste) but other than that, it should definitely last a few hours in the fridge. :)

~ Allyson

• RachelBethany says:

Thank you! I can’t believe I didn’t pay attention to your comment about “before heating” as in the original recipe it doesn’t say to heat the sauce before serving with the pasta. (I know it says to serve hot, I thought that referred to the pasta…)

I don’t think it mattered so much though because even if not steaming hot it was delicious and everyone loved it. Next time I will heat it up but I don’t think anyone realized it was supposed to have been that way! This is by far the best thing I have made with walnuts.