Out of my crazy cat lady-like obsession with pumpkin (and, who am I kidding? all things orange) during the Autumn months, came this gem of a simple dinner. This pasta/pumpkin combo may not sound too appealing for some folks , but each and every person I served this stuff to absolutely loved it.
It is utterly delicious.
- 1 package of your favorite pasta, 12-16 oz. (I highly recommend Tinkyada brand for Gluten Free)
- 1 package (12 oz.) extra firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- olive oil and sea salt to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
When pasta is finished cooking, drain, rinse and return to pot. Toss in a light amount of olive oil to evenly coat the noodles. Salt lightly if desired.
Combine the sauce with the pasta until the desired pasta/sauce ratio is reached. This recipe makes enough to generously coat 14 oz. box or bag of dried pasta.
Awesome with pecans mixed in!