Autumn Spiced Popcorn

Autumn Spiced Popcorn

The Friday after Thanksgiving in our house means a major chill fest that includes continuing to feast throughout the day on the remains of last night’s dinner… and a super relaxed family movie night.

Tonight, on the menu for movie watchin’ is the ever-so-loved nooch covered popcorn, and a new family fave- Autumn spiced popcorn. It’s delicately sweet, slightly salty, and has just enough spice to still call it autumnal. That’s right, I said autumnal.

We haven’t picked out a movie yet for tonight… but I am hoping whatever we choose will be able to rival last night’s re-visiting of the classic The Karate Kid.

I love four day weekends! Happy Friday :)

Autumn Spiced Popcorn

• 1 cup popcorn kernels
  • 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup vegan confectioner’s sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2-3 tsp salt, or to taste

Over medium high heat, in a large pot bring cooking oil and three kernels of popcorn up to temperature. When one kernel pops, add the 1 cup of popcorn kernels and cover with lid. Let cook until all kernels have popped. I have a method of kinda shaking the pot with the lid on it occasionally as it’s popping to ensure even cooking and no burning.

Once popcorn has finished popping, add salt while stirring. I like a LOT of salt on mine, so I tend to go closer (or possibly a little over) 3 tsp, but just salt to taste.

In small bowl, stir together confectioner’s sugar, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. Lightly dust over the popcorn, using a sieve to avoid any clumping, until all popcorn is evenly coated. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon before serving.

15 Responses to Autumn Spiced Popcorn

1. veganlisa says:

Fantastic! What a perfect fall snack.

2. Amey says:

yum. I have been thinking about popcorn for a long time now, and yet have failed to act on these thoughts. Foolish me!

3. Rose says:

Fantastic idea! Happy holiday weekend!

4. kittee says:

whoa. really? with the sugar? gottsa try it.
    xo
    kittee

5. Gina says:

Oh my goodness, this sounds delicious! A sweet treat for fall :)

6. This popcorn looks awesome! I’d never thought about a “spiced” popcorn! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing! (I’m way to obsessed with the (!).

Our family’s favorite popcorn is made with dill infused olive oil. So tasty! http://healthnutfoodie.blogspot.com

7. Katrina says:

Awesome recipe. I adore popcorn.

8. jessy says:

i hope your family movie night was an excellent one, Allyson. i’ve only ever had sea salt on my popcorn and i’m feeling like i need to branch out. i shall start with your autmnal poppies (but i’m gonna leave out the nutmeg because we’re not on speaking terms yet. ah ha ha!)!

9. Looks like a great mix of spices for the corn.

10. I LOVE this idea!!!! yum!

11. [...] saw this recipe for Autumn Spiced Popcorn. I didn’t follow it exactly. I just mixed the spices and dumped them on some microwave [...]

12. I am going to try this. It sounds really good. Hmmm, what movie will I watch with it? With yummy popcorn, maybe it doesn’t matter!
    I wanted to stop by and say hi to a fellow MoFo’er. I’m going to be sad to se the month come to an end. I’m so glad I discovered you.
    Best wishes.

13. Jenna says:

I love finding new popcorn recipes! Definitely try this one next time

14. [...] Autumn Spiced Popcorn from Manifest Vegan: I consider myself a popcorn aficionado and would like to add my stamp of approval to this recipe.  Let me assure you that I was reluctant at first, I don’t go for sweet popcorn, I like my popcorn savory; this recipe is the right balance of salty and sweet. [...]

15. What a great recipe! Popcorn is such a great snack on it’s own but it’s even more of a treat when you experiment and it turns out great! Hope you & your family had a great time & enjoyed that delicious popcorn!