Pineapple Walnut Muffins

Pineapple Walnut Muffins

I’ve been on a major muffin kick lately; during the warmer months I truly appreciate having portable and easy snacks around. Makes life just a wee bit easier. I’ve also been raiding my pantry trying to use up some of the goodies I’ve had tucked away, and today I found a can of pineapples and a ton of walnuts. Perfect for muffin makin’!

These guys are moist, spongy, and laced with the tropical tang of pineapples and the earthy crunch of walnuts.

Pineapple Wanut Muffins ~ Vegan and Gluten Free

• 1 cup sorghum flour (I used superfine cuz that’s what I had)
  • 1/2 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/2 cup potato starch
  • 1/4 cup tapioca flour
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp organic granulated sugar
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup 100% pineapple juice
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup chopped pineapple pieces, fresh or canned
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Line 12 standard sized muffin cups with liners, or lightly grease and (sorghum) flour the muffin pan.

Sift together all dry ingredients until very well blended. Vigorously mix in by hand (or on medium speed of electric mixer) the olive oil, pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar. Fold in pineapple pieces and crushed walnuts.

Drop about 3 tbsp of batter into each cup. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.

Let cool completely before serving.

14 Responses to Pineapple Walnut Muffins

1. Nora says:

Those are AMAZING muffin liners!

2. Kier says:

Hello huge chunks of pineapple! Those look delicious!

3. These look so pretty, yummy and perfect for summer!

4. Mihl says:

Look at those liners!

I haven’t made any muffins in a while. These look wonderful!

5. laura says:

this comes at perfect timing! i was just trying to figure out how to use up some leftover pineapple from a curry dish. i like the idea of using the juice as a sweetener too. so cool! will bookmark this with my cookmarked.com account!

These look perfectly wonderful, which I gotta admit is no surprise but I still love the marvelous variety of goodies you come up with. I especially love the pineapple juice because I have a jar of pear/pineapple juice which you’re supposed to be able to use as a natural sweetener. Gosh Laurel, can you say ‘run on sentence?’ These muffins seem as if they’d make the perfect guinea pig. I just hope they’re not too fast for me to catch. and eat, I’m kinda slow these days.

7. Gorgeous looking muffins. I haven’t been able to get sorghum flour but I have just found a New Zealand stockist and a friend is picking some up for me in a few days. So I might try these as a first sorghum flour recipe.

8. This looks really good! I love pineapple and muffins, so this should be my kinda thing :D

9. Gauri Radha गौरी राध says:

Those look delectable!!

10. Patty says:

Those liners are insanely cute! May I ask where you got them?

Thanks! :)