White Chocolate, Raspberry & Sage Tart

White Chocolate, Raspberry & Sage Tart

Homemade white chocolate, berries from the backyard, and fresh sage from the garden all add up to a ridiculously easy, yet sophisticated, tart.

As I was making this tart (at this point, I had only finished baking the crust) my husband kept begging me to let him try it. So, by the time the whole thing was said and done and photos had been shot, he managed to eat HALF of said tart in about 10 minutes. And he’s not even a white chocolate fanatic like moi. My son and I were equally impressed with how much he liked this recipe; but, given its delectable and slightly minty flavor from the sage, neither of us were surprised. This is a really great tart.

Crust:

• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cups almond meal
  • 5 tbsp organic granulated sugar
  • 3 tbsp vegan margarine, melted

Filling:

• 2 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 3 hours
  • 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 150 g (5.5 ounces) dairy-free white chocolate (you could sub out dark chocolate if you’re feeling adventurous)

Topping:

• 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 1 tbsp chiffonaded sage
  • 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar

Make the Crust:

Preheat oven to 400 ºF.

Combine almond meal, cocoa powder, and sugar together into bowl until well mixed. Stir in the melted margarine until completely mixed together. You should have a slightly wet and crumbly mixture that’s easy to squeeze into clumps. Make sure the margarine is evenly distributed throughout. Use slightly greased hands or bottom of glass and press mixture into 8 ” tart pan.

Bake crust for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Then the Filling:

Next, combine the cashews with the sugar and the water and blend in food processor until very very smooth, about 5 minutes. Over double boiler melt white chocolate and pour into cashew cream while it is still liquid. Work fast! You can either pour it directly into the food processor just after the cashews turn to cashew cream and continue to blend for a few seconds, or place cashew cream into separate bowl and stir in the melted white chocolate.

Quickly spread the cashew mixture into the cooled tart crust and chill in fridge until firm, about 1 hour.

And Finally the Topping:

To make topping simply combined raspberries, sage, and sugar into small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar granules have dissolved completely. Increase temperature slightly to reduce until thickened. Spread on top of chilled tart and place back in fridge to set.

Serve cold.

33 Responses to White Chocolate, Raspberry & Sage Tart

1. [...] vegan, gluten-free cheesecake! I used Katie’s Cheesecake Mousse for the filling and a crust from Allyson at Manifest Vegan.  I cut the sugar in the crust, and sweetened the filling with a bit of agave [...]

2. michelle says:

I’m so excited to have found your site through Angela at Oh she glows. I can’t wait to try this tart for a dinner party this weekend!

3. J says:

What would be a good substitute for the oil?

Hmmm… you could try adding a little liquid to bind it together, but oil works best here. Maybe coconut oil would be an okay alternative to the margarine for you? :)

4. [...] decadent tart is easy to make and highlights some sensational summer flavors: raspberry and [...]

5. Jim says:

Do you measure 2 c. of cashews before you soak, or after they are soaked?
    And how long do you soak them for?
    Thanks.

6. Lexie says:

Looks divine! And I love the close up shot of the berries on the table. Sure love your site. So fresh and inspiring!

xoLexie

7. This was amazing! Instead of the white chocolate I used 85% cacao chocolate that I had and a touch of expresso powder. Yum!

8. WOW this tart looks amazing!!! I love the addition of sage too. I particularly love the last photo, it’s so striking.

9. bitt says:

wow this looks so pretty. and delicious. reminds me of raw pies, has some of the awesome aspects of them: cashews, almond crust, lots of berries. right up my alley.

10. Whoa! That is so gourmet! I think that looks soo good!

11. This looks delicious… and I have to try it. I have to!

12. Caitlin says:

ps- these pictures are particularly beautiful <3

13. Mihl says:

Wow, this looks and sounds like my dream tart! Beuatiful and perfect flavour combination.

14. Susana says:

Am I allowed to lick the screen?

15. Katrina says:

I love the sound of this. I never would have thought to add sage! Yum!

16. ashley says:

hi allyson!
    this looks absolutely divine, looks like a must make for our next family gathering

i started my own blog recently, and wanted to thank you for all the inspiration! i cannot wait for your cookbook!! :)

17. Caitlin says:

looks delicious!!

I have two questions. One – WHY do you live so far away from me; and two, well that answers itself. There never ARE any leftovers are there?

19. Miriam says:

This looks absolutely delectable! I will absolutely have to try this for a pot luck at some point.

20. Gauri Radha गौरी राध says:

This looks fantastic!!! What lovely photos too :-)

21. Wow this looks amazing. This will be a perfect treat for me to make for a 4th of July Potluck! Any ideas about substituting maple syrup/coconut sugar/ or even xylitol for the sugar that it calls for?

22. looks so unique, never seen a dessert with sage before..

you know, i don’t think i have either. :) i figured since sage reminded me of a mix between mint and lavender, it couldn’t be all that bad. turns out, it was pretty good! <3

23. Kierstan says:

Homemade white chocolate chips?! I think I am going to have to give that a try! And this tart with dark chocolate sounds absolutely divine as well!

24. penny says:

This sounds delish! Where did you find dairy-free white chocolate?

25. cv says:

Oh, my, I think you’ve completely outdone yourself on this one, Allyson! Teleporting over for a bite!