Apple Nachos!

I have no clue where I originally saw this idea years ago–but in today’s blogging world, apple nachos have become just about as ubiquitous as raw ballz…

But, there may still be a few folks remaining who aren’t tuned into all the apple nacho hoopla.

If you’ve never tried them, give ‘em a whirl! They are ridiculously easy and taste much more awesome than they sound. Plus, my kids LOVE them as a midday snack. And did I mention how silly easy these are to toss together? Almost as easy as raw ballz. ;)

Obviously this isn’t a recipe–use your imagination and your fave toppings to make THE perfect apple nachos!

I used (to feed 1 1/2 kids and 2 adults):

• 3 crispy and slightly tart apples (we ♥ honeycrisp! yum…)
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

For these, I sliced up some apples thin enough so it would be easy to eat the slice in one or two bites. I also lightly spritzed the apples with lemon juice to keep them from browning too fast.

Then I melted some peanut butter–until it was super runny–and drizzled it all over the apples. Next, I topped the apples and peanut butter with unsweetened flaked coconut, sliced almonds, a few pecans and, of course, chocolate chips. And finally, I drizzled a little more peanut butter onto the plate. Ya know, for good measure.

Couldn’t get much easier! Be sure to eat these with your hands, just like real nachos. :)

Share with friends!

143 Responses to Apple Nachos!

1. Kujaku says:

This looks really great, and can probably work it into my diet macros awesome, but I gotta ask, where did you find 1/2 of a kid? ;D

Thanks you for the recipe!

2. Jessica Allison says:

I found you/these on Pinterest, and I’ll be a loyal follower from now on. How have I missed these?! Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing me out of the dark. YUM!

3. Trish Duranceau says:

Tried this for one of the football game snacks. WOW!! everyone loved it!!

4. Sam says:

Wow, how is it I’ve never heard of this? I love all these ingredients! This would make a great dessert platter to take to a potluck.

5. [...] Image and recipe found on foodgawker.com [...]

6. christine says:

Never heard of apple nachos, but what a brilliant idea – the platter looks so fresh and tasty – it’s one of those ideas that seems so obvious once you see it, but I doubt I would ever have thought of it:)

7. [...] Allyson from Manifest Vegan made these crazy inventive Apple Nachos [...]

8. Kimberly says:

Well, apparently I live under a rock because I had never heard of apple nachos until reading this post. What a fun family snack.

9. Emil says:

I’m not really big on nachos (even the vegan kind), but these? I can get down with these!

10. Keri says:

Made these today and what a treat! Used what I had on hand and just loved them! Kids would’ve too, if I had shared. ;-)

11. [...] Apple Nachos – 7 ingredients – 5 minutes – brilliant. vegan. college-friendly. [...]

12. Megan says:

Ahh, that looks so yummy, I love apples with peanut butter… Mmm

13. Hannah says:

Teehee, I was feeling silly for not having heard of apple nachos, but reading the comments it seems that the majority of us haven’t! Fantastic idea!! I’m imagining a caramel made of soy sweetened condensed milk too :D

14. this looks SO delicious, I just stumbled upon your blog and love it, can’t wait to try all your recipes!

15. This photo is AMAZING and I think I have been missing the boat on these – it is like a super easy way to eat a caramel apple with all the perfect flavors that you want. Can’t wait to snack with friends this weekend on this

16. bitt says:

i have not even heard of these! i live under a rock. will have to try them.

17. Sarah says:

What an awesome, kid friendly idea! I must have been living under a rock – this is the first time I’ve heard of them!

18. Vegyogini says:

This is completely new to me and totally genius!

19. Meagen says:

These look delicious! What a great idea. You can NEVER go wrong with peanut butter and apples. The fact that you added additional delicousness to these, makes my mouth water even more!

20. Kate says:

Oh, my…my daughter will love coming home from school to these!!!

21. Rachel says:

Whoa! Yum.

22. Lauren says:

These look ridiculously good!! So fun and easy, too =)

23. jessy says:

i feel like i’ve been living in a deep dark cave under a huuuuuuge rock – why have i not heard of apple nachos?!?! the farmer’s market has apples left ‘n right – totally picking up a few this weekend and sitting down to my own plate ‘o apple nachos. zing!

24. Amanda says:

Seriously? This sounds awesome! This makes me want to eat nachos every night! YUM!!!

25. Yum! I can’t wait to make this for my kids this afternoon! Looks so fun & easy… and delicious too! Thanks for the idea!

26. Jane says:

Where have I been?! I have never heard of apple nachos. I am all over this…I am so making this with my girls after school tomorrow!

27. Adina says:

Wow! These look delicious. Thanks for posting as I am one of those folks that has never heard of apple nachos!

28. K says:

These look great. How great are apples with pb? I just posted two apple-pb ideas yesterday too!

29. veganlisa says:

Perfect – you just planned my birthday dessert. Thank you Allyson. xoxo

I have NEVER heard of apple nachos! What a wonderful idea. I’m making them with pears. LOL

31. Amey says:

oh my GOD. I haven’t heard of these before, and this picture is giving me total yumitude freak outs. Amazement!

32. I’ve never heard of apple nachos. Where have I been? Glad you’ve tuned me into it, though!! :)

33. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF APPLE NACHOS!!
    whoa.

xo
    kittee

34. t says:

Wowo, these look fantastic!

35. veganlinda says:

Awesome idea! I will make this for our Halloween party.

36. Mandee says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen apple nachos but now I want to try them!

37. Dawn says:

I will so be making these. They are gorgeous!

38. Brilliant idea, I’ve never seen this before!

39. Jojo says:

Wow, what a rad idea! I’d never heard of apple nachos before but now I’m definitely going to have to make them.

40. Jenn says:

OMG! These look fantastic! I even have Honey Crisps already!

41. Brilliant take on nachos!! Dessert AND nachos, I meannnnn…. do you deliver??? LOVE.

42. Kalinda says:

Yeah, I guess I’m also part of the “living in a cave” group. Good thing you’re around to make me see the light.

43. Emma says:

I thought I was up on all the blog trends but apparently not! Love this idea :)

44. Emily Segal says:

Apparently I have been under a rock b/c this is the first I’m hearing of apple nachos. Great idea and beautiful photo!

45. Tiffany says:

Oh my goodness. That looks amazing!

46. Ashlae says:

I’ve been wanting to try apple nachos for months – I’ve got a bag of honeycrisp apples in my kitchen and cannot think of a better way to use a few!