the digital age

the digital age

Mushroom and Pepper Quinoa Risotto from ‘Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats Gone Global’

heya hiya! Thanks so much to all of you who commented and shared your own reasons leading to eating gluten-free and/or vegan on my last post. I’m grateful to hear your stories– and, man, it’s an amazing feeling to know that my recipes have helped so many of you. You guys sure do make me love what I do. That was a pretty tough post for me to write, so you all should know how much I truly appreciate your kind and open responses. Thank you.

Some quick updates:

• My book, ‘Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats’, is now available in digital edition… including iBook and kindle. Cheap and instant without ever having to leave the warmth of your laptop! Go getcha one. I also have signed paper copies for sale here
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you! to all who have left reviews on either Amazon or Barnes and Noble. So far I have received really positive feedback and I am eternally grateful for everyone’s support. If you’re enjoying my book, I’d love it if you left a review–good, bad, meh. Whatever. Seriously, hearing your feedback makes my whole week. ♥
  • I have a guest post on the wonderfully wonderful Heidi’s blog Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom where I demystify egg free and dairy free (and of course while being gluten-free) baking. And vanilla pudding!
  • And, last but not least, Happy Fathers Day to all you awesome dads (of humans and non-humans alike) out there. May it be filled with much joy and laughter … and abundant good food!

13 Responses to the digital age

1. Teresa says:

Quinoa risotto! I’m so intrigued; sounds amazing! I need to investigate this book further… :-)

2. Vegan says:

Bet it tastes delicious! I am going to have to make this! I love quinoa, but have never made it into a risotto!

3. Claryn says:

So I gather that you having a cookbook published is relatively old news at this point, but I haven’t been around for quite awhile and I just wanted to say that I’m really happy and excited for you and everyone who gets to cook from it! You have always had such a beautiful blog and it’s great to hear about someone getting their just deserts. Keep on being awesome!

4. Ashley says:

I am glad to hear that their is a Kindle version, I will be buying it soon plus I also am thinking of getting a signed copy too. Just wanted to let you know in the most recent issue of VegNews July+August 2012 issue on pg.99 there is a little column about your book that it’s an Editors’ Pick.

5. Laura says:

Hi Allyson, something is wrong with your paypal link. It puts the total ($27.00) twice, doubling the price. Laura

6. bitt says:

love the links. your last post was powerful. the book is so beautiful, one of my most beautiful on my shelf (not to mention tasty) and one of the most special. you have a lot to be proud of.

7. Laura says:

I just received your cookbook from Powel Books and am trying it today. Can’t wait. I’m so very thankful to find a GF vegan cookbook where I can open it and choose any recipe, instead of needing wade through, omit, or further adjust recipes, worried that they won’t turnout. You’ve done all the work for me. Thank you!

8. Josiane says:

Thanks for mentioning your guest post – the pudding recipe sounds amazing! I have to give it a try soon. And a chick pea flour scramble? I’m intrigued! I’ve kind of tried to make something like this one day in an attempt to salvage a socca that was sticking to the pan and was threatening to become a disaster if I tried turning it, but it wasn’t a real success. I’d be curious to have more details as to how you make it work!

9. Quinoa Risotto! sounds wonderful! thanks for sharing!