pumpkin pie truffles

pumpkin pie truffles

pumkpinpietruffles

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words about my new adventure! It means a lot to me to have you all along for this exciting ride, and I can’t wait to share updates as things progress.

I couldn’t very well let October get away without sharing at least one pumpkin recipe. So, here she is; my one and only this season (it took a lot of self-restraint). Be sure to use high quality chocolate and you can’t go wrong.

These fun and tasty little treats are an perfect addition to a Halloween themed snack table, whether you go the elegant route with chocolate molds or use simple paper cups. Feel free to adjust the filling amounts to specifications, as this recipe easily doubles or triples.

• 1 cup semi-sweet nondairy dark chocolate, couverture or chips
  • 2.5 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • Dash salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup confectioner’s sugar

Over a double boiler temper or melt the chocolate. Spoon a little into each mold, or paper cup, and spread out to coat the mold using the back of the spoon. Let harden completely (if using chocolate chips, or untempered chocolate, go ahead and stick them in the freezer for quick chilling).

In a very small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients until smooth and then fill the hardened chocolate shells with the filling. Top with the remaining melted chocolate and let harden completely before attempting to remove from the molds. Top with nutmeg for a fun touch. Store chilled.

11 Responses to pumpkin pie truffles

1. Diane says:

Made this twice and everyone loves it. So rich and full of chocolate flavor without tasting the avocado. Thanks for the recipe.

2. Stef says:

oh my god, this looks beautiful!

3. Liliana rodrigues says:

Hi,

Great recipe, but in Portugal we don’t have canned pumpkin. Does cook pumpkin in water do the trick?

• admin says:

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with cooked pumpkin in water–but cooked pumpkin, pureed, would definitely do it! :)

4. Geanna says:

Allyson, I’m so excited for you! Incidentally, I am also in the process of becoming a registered dietitan! After giving the professional bakery a go, I realized I’m much happier helping people with special diets rather than trying to sell to them. I can’t wait to hear more about your journey- it’s exciting to be doing this at the same time as you! Also, I cannot wait to see your next cookbook. :)

5. Kate says:

Oh my gosh… These look great!

6. OMG, these look fantastic! What a great treat. I’ll have to try these soon. Thanks!

7. Michelle says:

Making this today for a meeting. Thank you SO much for providing many gluten, soy, and nut free vegan recipes for us, HUGS! I’ll be buying your new book asap! (Already have and use your other 2).

8. First, congrats on the dessert cookbook! So exciting. I’m working on a few ebooks right now, & I’m really getting a taste for how much WORK & time (cookbook authors are totally underpaid ;) ) is involved in putting together so many recipes. So I’m absolutely impressed with the shear volume of work you’re putting out! Also, do you find (especially since you’re doing desserts) that with so much recipe tasting & making it’s hard to stay balanced (eating wise). I’m having a hard time with that.

Anyway, love how incredibly simple this recipe is–I <3 simple!

• admin says:

Oh, Janae! I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve. Thank you for your sweet words! I do find it difficult to stay balanced eating wise when I’m in the thick of recipe testing. I almost try and make everything else I eat über healthy to balance it. I have to admit, as much as I LOVE dessert, I’ll probably be gravitating to raw veggies only for a while afterwards. ;)