Cereal isn’t one of those foods that I typically eat–or at least not since high school (back then I used to practically live on cereal); but recently I’ve been on a kick with this particular mix. I often enjoy it on lazy weekends, because it’s a cinch to pull together. To make it even easier, you can double, or triple, or quadruple! the amounts and store it in a sealed airtight container for whenever a hankering for an easy meal strikes.
Super Simple Breakfast Cereal
makes 2 to 3 servings
- 2/3 cup kasha (roasted buckwheat groats)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sucanat, coconut sugar, date sugar, or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- Unsweetened almond milk or other nondairy milk for topping
Simply combine all ingredients and top with almond milk when serving.
To easily toast pecans, bake pecans in a preheated oven at 375 °F on an ungreased baking sheet for about 7 minutes, or until fragrant.