This recipe comes courtesy of best-selling cookbook author Kathy Hester and Page Street Publishing–from Kathy’s new Book OATrageous Oatmeals. This effortless recipe is a delicious–and healthy–way to chill out this summer! (Photo Credit Kate Lewis)
*Use certified gluten-free oats if needed
Blackberry Mojito Overnight Refrigerator Oats
From OATrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
Sweet juicy blackberries soaked in bright lime and mint flavors with the faintest aroma of rum will perk you up even on the toughest mornings. You can add a teaspoon or two of chia seeds to make this extra thick.
- 1 cup blackberries (cut in 1⁄2 if large)
- 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1⁄3 cup (31 g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1⁄8 teaspoon mint extract
- zest from 1⁄2 lime or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum or rum extract, optional
- 1 tablespoon agave, to taste (or your choice of sweetener, to taste)
Add all the ingredients in a mason jar or a dish with a cover. Mix well and let sit in the fridge overnight. Stir and eat.
Makes 1 serving
©Kathy Hester 2014. Reprinted with the permission of Page Street Publishing Company.