Roasted Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes

maple roasted sweet potatoes Allyson Kramer

This recipe couldn’t be easier or more of a crowd pleaser. Also, they are pretty darn good for you, and most-everyone loves that, right?

The maple syrup gives the sweet potatoes a delicate candy crunch making them a perfect stand-in for the sticky-sweet traditional version of  “candied yams”.

These will be served at our Thanksgiving table this year due to the major ease-factor; and because they’re such a cinch to pull together, I’ll probably make them a few more times between now and then as well.

Roasted Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes

• 4 medium sized sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or liquid coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup

Preheat your oven to 400°F. While your oven is preheating, peel the sweet potatoes and then cube them into about 1-inch-wide, even pieces. I do this by halving the sweet potato lengthwise, and then halving again lengthwise, and then finally cubing them. Place cut potatoes into a large bowl.

In a smaller bowl, whisk (or use a fork) together the olive oil, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup. Toss into the cubed sweet potatoes using clean hands to completely cover each piece. Spread into an even layer in a shallow roasting pan or jelly-roll pan and bake for 45 minutes, without touching!, or until tender. Use a flat metal spatula to remove the potatoes from the baking pan and serve immediately.

See?! Super easy. Make them soon…

share this recipe...Share on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookEmail this to someoneShare on TumblrPrint this pageShare on Reddit

13 Responses to Roasted Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes

1. Melodie says:

These are so delicious! I made them for Thanksgiving (our first vegan Thanksgiving) and these potatoes disappeared instantly. So easy and wonderful. Thank you for this recipe. We are making round 2 for Christmas!

2. diane says:

I make savory roasted root veggies for holidays and everyone loves them. I think I am going to try this recipe instead tomorrow. Has anyone tried this with a combo of sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions? If so how was it?

3. Dina says:

sounds like a great healthy side dish!

4. Allison says:

This looks and sounds phenomenal – I cannot wait to try! I love sweet potatoes, and don’t cook them as often as I should. They sound fool proof and delish :)

5. Lope says:

Oh wow, this is pefect. Just harvested sweet potatoes from my garden and looking for a nice, simple recipe so I can actually taste them. Glad I found this!

6. Kate says:

I’ll make these for Thanksgiving!

7. These look great and simple, thanks!

8. Sarojini says:

These look beautiful!

9. FoodFeud says:

I have been LOVING sweet potatoes recently! So perfect. I don’t usually add any sweetener – I actually like them a bit savory but I can’t deny the allure of a crunch…

10. Yum!! My oven is broken (rental property…sigh) so I’ve been making do with boiled & mashed sweet potato. This sounds so good.

11. You’re so smart to keep things simple at the holidays…easier to relax and sip warm spiked coffees and take embarrassing family photos. :)
    I’d love to try these in a skewered version, maybe with chunks of parsnips and such…so fun to munch syrupy skewered chunks. Thanks for the recipe!

12. Love simple & tasty recipes! Candied yams are my fave, but after going vegan, they usually are off limits at gatherings because they’re swirling in marshmallows & uber amount of butter. This recipe, though, just lovely Allyson.